Knady Hotels Company (1938) -KHC is the owners of two of most historic hotels in our country located in Central Hills - Kandy.
* Queens Hotel - Kandy
* Hotel Suisse - Kandy
The holding company of KHC is the Ceylon Hotels Corporation,which owns 76.54 % of the issued shares capital of the company.
Queens hotel - kandy
QUEENS HOTEL -
The Queen’s Hotel is considered today as a historic building to be conserved and held for all time as a part of the history of Sri Lanka’s Central Province.
Hotel Suisse - Kandy
The Queen’s was originally a Governors Mansion with a small structure of buildings constructed to house troops.
Today the Queen's Hotel which is one of Kandy's prime properties set on an extent of 217.5 perches of land is one of the finest and grandest architectural buildings of its kind in Kandy.
It has 28 A/C rooms and 26 non A/C rooms.
What's significant about Queen's Hotel is, its location both in the city and in Splendid surroundings alongside the Kandy Lake, and the world renowned "Temple of the Tooth Relic of the Lord Buddha".
This hotel provides the best location to view the world famous Kandy Esala Perahera pagent.
HOTEL SUISSE -
The ideal location of the Hotel Suisse Kandy is just one of the many factors that makes this hotel one of the finest attractions in Sri Lanka.
Hotel Suisse Kandy is directly across the Kandy Lake. The major attractions including the Sacred Temple of the Tooth Relic, the man-made lake of kings as well as the Udawattekele Forest Conservation and Sanctuary are nearby the property.
The hotel has 100 colonially designed rooms.
The ultimate holding company of KHC is the Galle Face group.
- 76.54% of the issued share capital of KHC is owned by Ceylon Hotels Corporation.
- 92.41% of the issued share capital of CHOT is owned by Galle Face Hotel & connected parties.
- This graph shows us the that for the last one year the share price of KHC has s strong support at & around Rs 100 levels.
- The highest traded price in its history was Rs 283.
- The company has an issued share capital of 16,500,000.
- Net Asset Value per share as at 31/12/2009 was Rs 255.49
- Last traded price was Rs 114.75 as at 05/03/2010.
- Apart from 20 largest share holders others are held only 5.13% or 846,500 shares.
The counter is not attractive technically at present. However we strongly feel that the share has a hidden value based on the Location of two hotels,Historical value and land value of the two hotel properties,Ultimate holding company being Galle Face Hotel ,Improved tourist arrivals to the country after the end of 30 year old civil war.
There for we would like to advice to the investment community to have the KHC share in your investment basket to reap the long term benefits.
source - www.cse.lk,annual report khc,reports on queens hotel & hotel suisse