The Lighthouse Hotel and Spa in Galle is one of the spectacular 5 Star Hotels in Galle in Sri Lanka & is one of the best luxury Hotels in Sri Lanka. Not to mention the Lighthouse Hotel and Spa in Galle is one of the most sought after Hotels in Galle .
The Location of Lighthouse Hotel and Spa in Galle is picture perfect.
Hotel Light House is located 115 km south of Colombo city on the beach front of Galle. The architecture of the hotel is inspired by the majesty of the nearby fort.
A tranquil, solitary retreat nestled on a hill overlooking the Indian Ocean, Lighthouse is a masterpiece of space and light designed by world renowned architect, Geoffrey Bawa.
This hotel is one of
Geoffrey Bawa's earliest and most famous works of architecture. Designed to harmonise with the natural beauty of its surroundings, the Lighthouse combines luxury hotel with an ayurvedic spa.
The Lighthouse Hotel & Spa, which is a member of the small luxury hotels of the world, is ideally situated close to a chain of lowland tropical rain forests. It sits atop a hillock overlooking the azure blue waters of the Indian Ocean. Inspired by the Dutch influence in Sri Lanka, the hotel exudes a touch of history and class and offers guests exquisite cuisine and a splendid unmatched view of the sea.
Hotel Light House offers tastefully furnished 60 A/C Rooms and 3 Theme Suites.
TOP 20 SHARE HOLDERS OF LIGHT HOUSE HOTEL AS AT 31/12/2009
LIGHT HOUSE HOTEL SHARE PRICE MOVEMENT - LAST THREE MONTHS
- Hayleys & MJF group have sold their stakes in Light house hotel at Rs 60.50 @ a discount of nearly 20% to it's previously traded price of slightly over Rs 80.00/ share.
- These stakes were purchased by Employees Provident Fund a Government controlled fund,high net worth individuals & individual investors who have confident of the future performance of the Light House Hotel on back of the ever increasing tourists arrivals to the country after the end of 30 year old civil war.
- Light House Hotel has a healthy balance sheet when compared to other listed hotels in the Colombo Stock Exchange.
- There liabilities stands at only Rs 61,645,000 as against an assets base of Rs 2,320,853,000 as at 31/12/2009.
- The Net Assets per Share stands at Rs 49.11 as at 31/12/2009.
- Share capital of the company comprises of 46,000,000 issued & fully paid ordinary shares.
- Company has reported improved performance for the DEC quarter 2009 by reporting a profit of Rs 383,000 as against a loss of Rs (14,566,000) reported for the same period in year 2008.
- Being one of the best five star hotels in the country & in the southern region we believe that the Light House Hotel will offer a very good return to all the investors who accumulate company shares @ the current market price levels in medium to long term.
- LAST TRADED PRICE Rs 63.00
- ALL TIME HIGH PRICE Rs 88.00
- ALL TIME LOW PRICE Rs 5.00
source - www.cse.lk ,annual report light house hotel,reports relating to light house hotel